Deaf Homeschooling Mom

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Another late start on our studies today. The baby was such a handful that I hardly had the time to get Jennifer's lessons ready and get her working on them. But she did complete the essentials, which I am satisfied with.

For math, she did 2 pages in her multiplication workbook. She got all of the problems right, without any help. Yeah!

For science, I did research on the 'Net and put together a worksheet on good and bad bacteria. The word "microorganism" was quite a mouthful for her. I had to help her out with it. She also watched a video here on different kinds of bacteria.

For spelling, she had to write out her spelling words three times each. She got off lucky; when I was in grade school, I had to write my spelling words five times each. I went easy on her.

Just one more day to go with this. I won't be homeschooling her next week on the days leading up to her first day of school. As far as I'm concerned, we have accomplished a lot. Her confidence is growing with how well she has been doing and I hope that will last until her first day of third grade.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home